February 8, 2017

The Seed of Greed, and Want

by Christopher L. Calkins

The Seed of Greed

Greed!
Where does it come from?
It comes from a seed.
Could it really be a dirty little seed?
The seed of greed!
How can this be in the heart of humanity?
I look out on the horizon, it seems so far to me,
surrounded by a society infested with the seed!
The seed of greed.
Who? What? No, not me!
It is that dirty little seed.
The selfish seed that turns a want into a need,
and need into greed!
The seed that our society so freely distributes like a weed!
Look and you will see
a world infested with the weeds of greed,
dropping their seeds, disguised as needs!
How can this be?
All from a seed, the seed of greed!

June 1992

Want

I did not want it this way!
I do not want it this way!
It doesn't matter what I think.
It doesn't matter what I say.
The rich keep on making the rules
while we the working people toil through the days.
Paying, paying, paying,
for the crooks who stole it all,
away, away, away!!!

2003

No comments:

Post a Comment